Get deep into our history.
Ballarat & Sovereign Hill
People came from all over the world to Victoria when the cry of gold rang out in the 1850’s. Travelling through some of the once famous gold mining areas of Central Victoria, we continue to Ballarat, Victoria’s largest inland city. We enjoy a visit to Sovereign Hill – a living museum representing Ballarat’s gold rush days in the 1850’s. Stroll around and see how the miners lived and worked, pan for gold, enjoy an underground mine tour and watch the working machinery and traditional craftsman. Our day is a fascinating insight into life in the 1850’s and what gold did to our country and its people.
Departs Mon, Wed, Fri & Sat at 8.15am and returns at 5.30pm onwards.
To book, call us at 1300 130 550 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Visit the historical townships of Kyneton, Castlemaine and Ballarat with beautiful historic buildings and fascinating history
- Castlemaine Diggings National Heritage Park
- Experience life as it was in the 1850’s at Sovereign Hill – a perfectly recreated gold mining settlement
- Tour an underground mine and visit the Gold Museum
- Enjoy a horse and carriage ride around Sovereign Hill
Admission to Sovereign Hill
Underground Mine Tour,
Horse & Carriage Ride
2 course lunch
Adult: $336 Child: $252